Friday, December 10, 2010

Some 2010 books

Despite spending 35 hours a week sitting in a bookstore, a good deal of which time I do spend reading, I haven't done an extensive survey of everything released this year that I should. HOWEVER, these 10 are recommended, and if you want one or two to be your holiday present and I know you that well, email me.

Also, if you follow these links and buy anything I get a little money from Amazon Associates so help a sister out.

Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality

Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy Deluxe Boxed Set: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Plus On Stieg Larsson

Kraken

The Windup Girl
(technically released last year, but got much wider print this year due to the Hugo nomination and win)

Chronic City (Vintage Contemporaries)
Also last year, but in softcover this year.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

Possum Living: How to Live Well Without a Job and with (Almost) No Money
Re-released.

Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel

X'ed Out

Richard Yates

No comments: